Posted August 18, 2018 12:00:37 A Canadian cruise ship that lost contact with its crew for more than two weeks last month was forced to make emergency landings in Vancouver and Vancouver Island, according to CBC News.

The ship’s captain was suspended by the Canadian Maritime Safety Authority (CMSA) after the incident.

The crew of the Crystal Cruisers, which was on a four-day voyage from Toronto to Port Coquitlam, B.C., was not equipped to deal successfully with an incident of this magnitude, the CMSA said in a statement.

The vessel is currently moored at Vancouver’s Kitsilano Island terminal, but will be moved to Vancouver’s terminal at the end of the week, the statement said.

“Due to a combination of factors, the crew of Crystal Cruises was unable to perform the necessary checks to ensure safety.

While they were working to ensure the safety of the passengers and crew, the ship encountered a technical problem and was unable do so, resulting in the loss of communication with the crew,” the CMSC said in the statement.

“The CMSA will work with the ship’s operator and the Canadian Coast Guard to determine the best course of action for the safety and well-being of the crew.”

The cruise ship’s operators are being investigated for their failure to follow safety protocols.

The CMSA was forced last month to make an emergency landing on the cruise ship after the captain reported “a severe, unexpected, and unexpected event,” according to the CBC.

The cruise liner was travelling from Toronto, Canada, to Port Colborne, B, Canada.

According to the cruise line, the Crystal was on autopilot when it lost communication with its vessel, and the captain lost sight of the vessel for a few hours after the ship passed the Vancouver Islands.

“During the course of this incident, the captain experienced severe, unusual and unexpected events, which included a collision with another vessel and the loss a crew member,” the cruise liner’s operators said in their statement.

There were no immediate reports of injuries on the Crystal’s deck.

The Crystal’s owners have hired an independent consultant to determine whether the ship can resume sea service and whether the cruise ships crew should be replaced.

The Canadian Coast Guards investigation is ongoing, the cruise company said in its statement.